The Angels Camp Main Street Plan has been adopted!
Please click here for the final document. Thank you to the Advisory Committee Members and Stakeholders!
- Scott Behiel, City Council/Mayor
- Michael McHatten, City Manager
- Wes Kulm, City Council
- John Broeder, Planning Commission
- Patsy Gonzalez, Planning Commission
- Lisa Boulton, Calaveras Visitors Bureau
- Barbara Ziegenfuss, Prestige Gallery
- Bob Middleton, Middletons
- Kerry Keeney, ACBA
- Candy Meyers, ACBA, Farmers Market, Ironstone
- Sherri Smith, Business Owner
- Anne Forrest, Destination Angels Camp (DAC)
- Amanda Folendorf, Alternate City Council
- Debbie Ponte, DAC Executive Director
- Jim Turner, Turners Wild West Store
- Firman Brown , Owners Representative
- Dan Pinnell, Carpet One Owner
- Gary Hinman, Alta Village
- Amanda Darby-Davis, Community Member
- Cora Broglio, Community Member
- Tamara Green, Community Member
- Cruscos Restaurant
- Pam and Russ Shoemaker, Stories and Stones
- Napa Auto Parts
Sharing Information & Feedback on the Angels Camp Main Street Project
This project is a collaborative effort with The City of Angels, Calaveras Council of governments and Caltrans to address community design, public spaces, bicycle and pedestrian facilities and parking facilities along the Main Street Angels Camp corridor. The study area extends from the intersection of Vallecito Road along the 49 Corridor to Murphys Grade Intersection.
The study will include the following phases; Existing Conditions, Issues and Opportunities, Public Outreach, Design Elements and Implementation. The study will focus on input from the community through The City, CCOG, stakeholders and public meetings to develop the design elements, guidelines and strategies to guide future improvements along the SR 49 Corridor.
- Balance Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety with Travel Demands along the Corridor.
- Provide Universal and Easy Access to Downtown Shops and Amenities
- Coordinate Strategies for Parking and Signage
- Create Space for Casual and Formal Gathering along the Corridor.
- Highlight the History and Character of the City of Angels Camp through the Built Environment.
At a hearing 6:00pm on June 29, 2017, at the Fire House, 1404 E. Vallecito Road, Angels Camp, CA, The City of Angels Planning Commission will consider the following applications: Sustainability Grant – Main Street Plan and Guidelines
We are excited to share the Public Draft of the Angels Camp Main Street Plan! We will have a hosting a hearing at Planning Commission in June on to hear your Comments.
We want to hear from you! Please share your thoughts on the future of Main Street. Take the Public Meeting #3 Survey!
Public Meeting #3 Online Survey